Welcome to my Fidelity Investments Review!
Have you just discovered Fidelity Investments and wondered if you can trust it? Well, you have done the right choice of researching before making a move.
It is one way to ensure yourself that you will not be scammed. You will learn everything you need to know about it in this Fidelity Investments Review!
Without any further ado, let's get started.
Fidelity Investments Review Quick Summary
What is Fidelity Investments?
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest investment financial service providers. It was founded in 1946 as a mutual fund company by Edward C. Johnson II. Currently it is run by Abigail Johnson, the company's CEO.
Since then, the Johnson family has been running Fidelity Investments, offering a wide variety of financial and investments services. Furthermore, it has over 200 branches all over the United States and more than 30 million customers.
It aims to help people manage and make the most out of their investments, especially for the ones who are retiring.
Currently, Fidelity Investments remains to improve as a force in the online brokerage space, enhancing certain parts of its platform, as well as lowering the prices of its services to make them more available to its clients and other investors.
Why choose Fidelity Investments?
Now let's go over the reasons why Fidelity Investments is good for you.
Commissions and Fees
Fidelity Investment is known to charge low-commissions and fees to its clients. In October 2019, ETFS, options and stock commissions were completely removed. Below, you can see the pricing summary of Fidelity Investments.
Platforms and Tools
Fidelity Investments has various platforms and tools to make its clients' and investors' experience a lot better. There is a trading platform for both mobile and desktop. Moreover, Fidelity Investment's online trading platform is beginner-friendly and comprehensive.
Here are some of the features of the tools and platforms.
- The mobile app has multi-leg options trading, a useful digital notebook where you can save any information, has real-time quotes and integrated company research offerings.
- Advanced screeners that utilize research and strategy tools that are developed over 10 years of historical data
- Members, especially the active traders, gain access to the Active Trader Pro platform. Currently, it is free for all investors but only this year. It can be accessed through its website, ActiveTraderPro.com or you can download a desktop program. It allows its users to customize it which includes a pre-built market, intuitive shortcuts, advanced option tools and even a multi-trade ticket where you can store orders and place orders up to 50 at a time!
One of Fidelity Investments' highlights is research. The tools and the website provides all the information that each investors need. Moreover, it has an in-house market commentary.
- Market Commentary - Fidelity Investments has a market commentary that features its viewpoints. One of the best is the annual sector outlook report which basically shows the key trends that investors need to watch out for. Moreover, it has an analysis of the detailed sector.
- Trade ideas screening - Fidelity's screeners (stock, mutual funds and ETF) are very user-friendly. Furthermore, it contains a lot of helpful information and has really set a standard in the industry. There are a lot of excellent features such as thematic investing and Morningstar ratings.
- Stock research - Another proof that Fidelity takes its research seriously is the fact that it provides 5 research-party reports for ETFs and 16 for stocks, whenever quotes are pulled. This is by far, the largest in any broker out there.
Fidelity Investments was the first ever broker that brought market index funds with ZERO expense ratio. Basically, investors can develop a virtually free and a balanced retirement portfolio with zero expense ratio!
Furthermore, investors can grab the opportunity to access 3500 mutual funds with no transaction fees and 700 index funds and mutual funds with an expense ratio of 0.5% or even less!
And yes, Fidelity Investments also offer other funds with low or no minimum.
High cash sweep rate
The company has the Fidelity Government Market Fund (SPAXX) where it automatically directs all cash in new retirement accounts and retail brokerage.
Currently, it has an interest rate of 1.61% and investors can also decide to sweep their money into a lower-rate FDIC-insured account.
Money management account
Fidelity Investments also extends its services by offering money management accounts with FDIC insurance, partnered up with a Fidelity brokerage account. It has several benefits such as no monthly or overdraft fees and a wide ATM network.
Furthermore, it has a lower interest rate compared to other cash management accounts available out there.
Fidelity Investments is also known for its excellent customer service and educational support. It provides its clients and investors free investor seminars and in-person guidance.
What makes Fidelity Investments not good?
According to several reviews, there is not much to consider bad about Fidelity Investments. The only area wherein the company falls short are:
- Its broker-assisted trade fee is at $32.95, which is more expensive than people thought
- The website can be a bit challenging to navigate
Pros and Cons
- Excellent customer service
- Offers expense-ratio-free index funds
- Has a wide selection of investments
- A lot of research providers
- The broker-assisted trade fee is a bit high
Let me conclude this Fidelity Investments review with my final verdict. Overall, this is the company that is quite difficult to find. Fidelity both serves traders and investors, providing various services.
Moreover, the company has a lot of useful and helpful tools, especially the platform that is available in both desktop PC and mobile!
If you wish to look for a company to help you out with your investments, Fidelity Investment is one of the best that you can rely on!
Thank you so much for reading my Fidelity Investments review! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section!