Hello! Welcome to this Rosland Capital Review!
Gold IRA involves owning physical gold or other precious metals, providing a tangible asset that you can physically possess. This is becoming a popular form of investment among people due to the benefits it provides.
In connection, a lot of Gold IRA firms have emerged offering their products and services. With so many options to invest in, how can you be sure that you are selecting the best? Especially because you are dealing with a lot of money.
In this review, we are going to focus on a company named Rosland Capital. This company doesn’t seem to have an impeccable reputation. Apparently, some people claim that its a scam.
We’re going to shed some light on this firm and give you everything you need to know. Hopefully at the end of this article we can put an end to the confusion.
Rosland Capital Review Quick Summary
Name: Rosland Capital
Owner: Marin Aleksov
Minimum Purchase Amount: $10,000
What is Rosland Capital?
Rosland Capital is an asset management firm that focuses on dealing precious metals. It also facilitates in initiating precious metal-backed Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
It was founded by Marin Alekson back in 2008 who also currently serves as CEO, and it is located in Los Angeles, California.
Since its founding, the company's success is attributable to a number of factors, but its core values of honesty, high-quality customer service, and public education are the most important.
The company is notable for its television commercials that often feature actor William Devane and other personalities like Bill O’ Reilly and G. Gordon Liddy. Eventually, the company expanded in the United Kingdom in 2014 and later moved to Germany.
Rosland Capital’s main product is gold which is a good investment especially with the problems of inflation. They have always encouraged people to buy their precious metals and coins to have leverage in times of economic turmoil.
Rosland Capital Product Catalog
Rosland Capital also offers a variety of collector and commemorative coins that may hold numismatic or historical value. These coins can appeal to collectors and individuals interested in owning unique or limited-edition pieces.
These can be used to protect your financial stability against inflation and potential stock market volatility. Here is a full list of all their products available on their website at this time of writing:
- Gold: South African Krugerrand, Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, American Gold Eagle, Australian Gold Kangaroo, Austrian Philharmonic, British Gold Britannia, Chinese Gold Panda, Mexican Gold Libertad, American Buffalo, Perth Mint Lunar Series, and Gold Bars and Rounds of different weights.
- Silver: American Silver Eagle, Canadian Silver Maple Leaf, Austrian Silver Philharmonic, British Silver Britannia, Mexican Silver Libertad, Perth Mint Lunar Series, Chinese Silver Panda, Australian Kangaroo, Cook Islands Silver Niue, New Zealand Silver Kiwi, and Silver Bars and Rounds of different weights.
- Platinum and Palladium: As of this current time of writing, Rosland Capital offers PAMP Platinum bars of different weights, and Palladium Bars of different weights.
- Collectible and Commemorative Coins: PGA TOUR Championship Gold Coin, 2017 Presidents Cup Gold and Silver Coin Collection, Arnold Palmer Commemorative Silver Coin, Jack Nicklaus Commemorative Silver Coin, Formula 1® Miami Grand Prix 1/4 oz Gold Coin 2022, Formula 1® All the Champions, 1950-2022, 1-Kilo Gold Proof Coin 2023, and Formula 1® 70th Anniversary 1/4 oz Gold Coin 2020
Rosland Capital Gold IRA
Rosland Capital is a precious metals dealer that does not offer IRA custodian services directly. Instead, they help customers open IRA accounts with custodians such as Equity Institutional, National Trust, or the United States Mint.
They offer services for setting up and managing self-directed Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that allow for investment in precious metals like gold and silver. These IRAs can provide potential tax benefits and diversification for retirement savings.
At this time of writing, the following are the IRA-eligible products that Rosland Capital is offering, as displayed on their website:
- Gold: American Eagle Gold Coin, Austrian Philharmonic Gold Coin, Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin, Lady Liberty Gold Proof Series, and Gold Bullion Bars
- Silver: American Eagle Silver Coin, Canadian Maple Leaf Silver Coin, Lady Liberty Silver Coin Proof Series, Lady Liberty Silver Reverse Proof
- Palladium: Canadian Maple Leaf Palladium Coin and Palladium Bullion Bars
To get started you can contact a representative from Rosland Capital, to select the exact precious metals you want to have in your IRA. They can work with you in selecting the IRA options that will be best for your investment goals.
Rosland Capital IRA Fees and Minimum Investment
The minimum investment requirement for a Rosland Capital IRA is $10,000. The fee requirements for a Rosland Capital IRA will vary depending on the custodian you choose.
If one does not fully understand as to why invest in precious metals, Rosland Capital also helps in providing knowledge about the benefits one will reap in doing so. Here are the general fees that you can expect to pay:
- Set-up fee: $50
- Annual maintenance fee: $100
- Storage fee: $100 or $150 per year, depending on the type of storage chosen
- Transaction fee: 1% of the purchase price
Please note that these are just the fees charged by Rosland Capital. The custodian you choose may also charge additional fees. It is important to compare the fees of all of the custodians before you choose one.
How Does Rosland Capital Work?
If you are interested in hopping into precious metals someday, it’s crucial that you know how it works. In the case of Rosland Capital, say, you want to purchase gold coins and metals. The first thing that you have to do is to check out their website (Roslandcapital.com).
Their website contains a list of their products along with their descriptions, fun facts and other interesting details. You need to check and see if what you are planning to buy is available.
Unlike the other dealers out there, it is not possible to purchase Gold and other precious metals directly from the Rosland Capital website. You will need to make a call to see if what you're looking for is available and its pricing.
Assuming you’ve made up your mind and you are ready to buy, it is time to give them a call to discuss price terms. It’s important to note that the call will be recorded for safe keeping and documentation purposes.
When everything is settled, you can expect your product to be delivered to your home in 10 business days or less (within the United States).
The same process occurs if you want IRAs instead. Rosland Capital works with several IRA custodians, which were stated above, in dealing with IRA-related transactions.
With this, when a customer wants to secure his or her retirement by obtaining IRAs backed by precious metals, you get to become a client when you open an account.
As a bonus, if you want to expand your knowledge about precious metals, Rosland Capital also offers a free Precious Metals IRA Kit if you exchange your contact information.
Accepted Payment Methods
Rosland Capital provides several payment methods to their customers. According to their website, the accepted payment methods are:
- Personal check: You can make a payment by personal check. The check must be made payable to Rosland Capital and must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Credit card: You can make a payment by credit card. The credit card must be in your name and must be issued by a U.S. bank.
- Bank wire: You can make a payment by bank wire. The wire must be sent to Rosland Capital's bank account.
- ACH transfer: You can make a payment by ACH transfer. The ACH transfer must be made from your bank account.
- PayPal: You can make a payment by PayPal. PayPal is a third-party payment processor that allows you to make payments online.
It is important to note that there may be additional fees associated with certain payment methods. For example, there may be a fee for using a credit card or for making a bank wire.
If you are unsure about which payment method to use, you can contact Rosland Capital for more information.
Storage Facilities and Services
The company does not have their own storage facility, but they do partner with world-renowned third party precious metals storage providers such as Brink's Global Vaults, Malca-Amit, and Loomis Fargo.
With the partnership, Rosland Capital provides storage options for customers who prefer to have their precious metals securely stored. This can include options for allocated and segregated storage in vault facilities.
- Allocated Storage: Your precious metals are stored in a specific, segregated location within the vault. This means that you are the only owner of the metals in that location.
- Segregated Storage: Your precious metals are stored together with the metals of other customers, but they are still separated by type, weight, and other identifying factors. This means that you are not the only owner of the metals in that location, but you are guaranteed that your metals will be kept separate from the metals of other customers.
If you are concerned about the security of your precious metals, then allocated storage may be the best option for you. This is because you will be the only owner of the metals in that location, and you will have a greater degree of control over their security.
If you are looking for a more affordable option, then segregated storage may be a better choice. This is because the storage fees are typically lower for segregated storage than for allocated storage.
Shipping Services and Fees
Rosland Capital says on their website that their shipment time generally takes about 14 business days, or earlier given the circumstances. This is faster than many other competitors’ shipping times.
Rosland Capital offers free shipping on orders over $10,000. All shipping is insured and requires a signature upon delivery. The exact fees will vary depending on the size and weight of your order, the specific shipping method that you choose, and the destination.
According to their website, here are the basic fees that you will be needing to pay for shipping:
- Shipping to your home: $24 plus $1 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Brink's Global Vault: $24 plus $0.50 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Malca-Amit vault: $24 plus $0.75 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Loomis Fargo vault: $24 plus $0.85 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to Canada: $50 plus $1.00 per thousand for gold and platinum. For silver, it is $50 plus $13 per thousand.
- Shipping to other countries: Please contact Rosland Capital for a quote.
Educational Resources and Services
Rosland Capital offers educational resources and information to help customers understand the benefits and risks of investing in precious metals. These resources may include articles, guides, and market insights.
- Articles: Rosland Capital publishes a number of articles on its website that discuss the basics of precious metals investing, as well as more advanced topics such as hedging against inflation and diversifying your portfolio.
- Guides: Rosland Capital also offers a number of guides that provide more in-depth information on specific topics, such as how to buy precious metals, how to store precious metals, and how to sell precious metals.
- Market insights: Rosland Capital also publishes market insights that provide analysis of the precious metals market and discuss the latest trends.
In addition to these resources, they also offer a number of educational tools, such as a precious metals calculator and a precious metals portfolio builder. These resources can be a helpful way to learn more about precious metals investing and make informed decisions about your investments.
If you are interested in learning more about Rosland Capital's educational resources, you can visit their website or contact them for more information.
Does Rosland Capital Have Buyback?
Yes, Rosland Capital offers a buyback program for precious metals that they have sold to their customers. Under this program, customers can sell their precious metals back to Rosland Capital at the current market price.
However, the buyback price is not guaranteed. It will be determined by the current market price of the precious metals, and it is possible that the price could go down after you sell your metals back to Rosland Capital.
The buyback process can take some time. It can take several days for Rosland Capital to process a buyback request, and it may take even longer to receive payment for your metals.
Take note that buyback is only available for products that were purchased directly from Rosland Capital. They will not accept products that have been damaged or altered, and it is also not available for products that are held in a self-directed IRA or other retirement account.
Rosland Capital Customer Service
Rosland Capital offers customer service through a variety of channels, including phone, email, and live chat. They also have a knowledge base on their website that answers frequently asked questions.
Customer service representatives are available from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday. They are knowledgeable about the company's products and services and are able to answer questions about buyback, storage, and other topics.
Overall, Rosland Capital customer service seems to be well-regarded by customers, but there are always some negative reviews. It is important to read reviews carefully before making a decision about whether or not to invest with Rosland Capital.
Where Is Rosland Capital Located?
Rosland Capital is headquartered in Santa Monica, California. They also have offices in London, Paris, and Munich. Aside from these offices, they also have a network of buyback centers nationwide. These centers are located in major cities across the United States.
If you are interested in learning more about Rosland Capital's locations, you can visit their website or contact them for more information.
Executive Team and Management
Rosland Capital is led by a team of experienced investment professionals with a deep understanding of the precious metals market. The company's executive team includes:
- Marin Aleksov - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Jeffrey Cheatham - Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Tyler Gallagher - President and Co-Founder
- David Martinez - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Michael Broom - Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Stephen Carrington - Executive Vice President
- Grant Young - Executive Vice President
- John Watkinson - Executive Vice President
This information is important to ensure transparency and accountability. These executives are committed to providing top-notch customer service to ensure that each client is guided throughout the investment process.
Rosland Capital Pros and Cons
Rosland Capital Ratings and Reviews
Here at Your Gold IRA Guide, we really value the ratings and reviews of a company because they are good indicators of their legitimacy and the quality of their service.
As of September 2023, here are the ratings and reviews of Rosland Capital:
Rosland Capital BBB Rating
Rosland Capital has eye-pleasing A+ grading on their BBB profile. They have also received a 4.7/5 star rating out of 314 customer reviews. The company is accredited since 2008.
Rosland Capital BCA Rating
Although their BCA profile does not contain that much customer reviews, Rosland Capital sure is rated perfectly in their profile. They have an AAA grade and a 5/5 star rating with 10 reviews, the highest possible scores that anyone can get.
Rosland Capital Trustlink Rating
In their Trustlink profile, Rosland Capital has a 3.7/5 star rating based on 70 reviews. Their rating has dropped in compared to the ratings above, but it is still a good score to be honest.
Rosland Capital Trustpilot Rating
Lastly, they have a great grading in their Trustpilot profile, accumulating a 4.1/5 star rating out of 125 reviews. Online ratings and reviews of a company is important because they can really help in figuring out whether they are good or not.
Rosland Capital's ratings and reviews, are quite high compared to other companies. Moreover, even though its BBB ratings are higher than average, the company still received a bad amount of complaints in the past years.
Rosland Capital Customer Complaints
Although Rosland Capital has been rated highly by websites, it is not immune to customer complaints. This section lists recent complaints that have been filed against Rosland Capital.
As you can see, most of the complaints filed against Rosland Capital are due to their customer service taking so long to respond, or having to wait for a long time to finish a transaction.
It is important to note that these are just some of the complaints that have been filed against Rosland Capital. It is also important to note that not all of these complaints are valid. However, it is something to be aware of when considering investing with Rosland Capital.
Rosland Capital Lawsuit History
Rosland Capital has been in the middle of several lawsuits. It is important to note that being sued does not mean that a company is guilty of wrongdoing. However, it is something to be aware of when considering investing with a company.
- William Dennison v. Rosland Capital LLC: In 2018, William Dennison filed a lawsuit against Rosland Capital alleging that the company had misled him into investing in precious metals. The lawsuit was settled in 2020, and Rosland Capital agreed to pay Dennison $20,000.
- Washington Department of Financial Institutions v. Rosland Capital LLC: In 2020, the Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) filed a complaint against Rosland Capital alleging that the company had violated the state's commodity transaction act by offering precious metals products to Washington residents without being registered with the DFI. Rosland Capital agreed to pay a $20,000 civil penalty and to stop offering precious metals products to Washington residents without being registered with the DFI.
Better Alternatives to Rosland Capital
Investing in precious metals can be a wise decision, but it is important to do your research and understand the risks involved. There are many reputable precious metals companies, but there are also some scams out there.
Here is a comparison of Rosland Capital with three of its major competitors like Money Metals Exchange, Goldco, and US Money Reserve:
Gold, platinum, silver, and palladium
Buying, selling, storage
Free shipping on orders over $10,000 Shipping fee depends on orders under under $10,000.
Gold, Palladium, silver, platinum, and rhodium
Buying, selling, storage, loans
Free shipping for orders over $500. $7.97 shipping for orders under $500.
Gold, platinum, silver, rare coins, and palladium
Buying, selling, storage
Free shipping for orders over $25k. Shipping fee depends on orders under $25k.
Gold, platinum, silver, and palladium
Buying, selling, storage
Free shipping on orders over $25k Shipping is $15 for orders under $499.
Goldco is our top-recommended precious metals company. They have one of best, if not the best, precious metals IRA products and services in the industry. Not only that, their product catalog as well as their customer service is comparable to non-other.
Is Rosland Capital a Scam?
It’s fair to say that things are not perfect, especially companies. There are many ups and downs and just because there are negative reviews on something, doesn’t mean that it’s a total swindle.
Therefore, in all fairness, we can say that Rosland Capital is not a scam. Rosland Capital is a legitimate company that has been in the precious metals industry for 12 years and counting.
The only downside is that it receives undesirable reviews, negative comments and complaints. Some customers said that the agents are not embodying professionalism.
There are also report that their precious metals’ prices are not according to their market value and sometimes they are delivered with the wrong item. Mistakes are normal in business but theirs are somehow repetitive that make people think that it is not recommendable.
So, before you decide to invest in precious metals. Do your research first so you will not be disappointed and you will be at a gain.
Thank you so much for reading this Rosland Capital review! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them below in the comments section!